Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lots of winnings wrong odds

Options
  • 06-08-2017 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭

Ok so I've won a lot of money on a particular match last night where the odds where obviously wrong on the handicap. The seem to be reversed. The site offered 7/2 on 3.5 goals or more and 2/9 on less than 3.5 goals the match was 3 nil already at 50 mins.
    I took the gamble on more goals and it paid off handsomely. My question can the betting site take back what they have paid out.
    I've withdrawn my initial abet amount and plan going to atm to get the rest today over a couple of transactions. Thoughts??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

They can and may put your account in to a minus balance.

If it's not a huge amount they might set it as a goodwill gesture.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Crystal Palace +2

Just google it
    Or do a search on this site.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭sidcon

inforfun wrote: »
    Crystal Palace +2

Just google it
    Or do a search on this site.

Not finding anything?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

sidcon wrote: »
    Not finding anything?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73990754

mm3pqd.jpg

Long story short.

PP ****ed up with the odds of A Crystal Palace game and was taken for 1000's
    Some people immediately withdrew their money and could keep it.
    People who left it in their account got an adjustment on the winning odds (35/1 i had at 1 point which should have been 1/35)

Moral of the story. Withdraw immediately when you take advantage of such a mistake but be prepared to lose your account over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭dubrov

The bookies legally don't even have to pay you out on a winning bet at any odds. On the flipside they can't chase you for debts. I'd withdraw straight away

• Advertisement

I managed to get over 2k out with the cash card before pp noticed.they rang me and have frozen the rest pending investigations. Not hopeful of getting much more but they can swing if they look for it back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Well done, what was the match?

How much did you leave behind in PP account?

Well done, what was the match?

How much did you leave behind in PP account?

Match was an Australian under 20 match, I got a phone call from professional gambler who told me the odds where wrong. Account has over 14k left in it. All won off an intial €100 and I rolled it Into 5 other bets on same match

• Registered Users Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Jesus, I thought you were talking a few hundred or even a grand. I'm surprised your account wasn't instantly locked, especially if your friend was also on for big money which should have rang alarms on such a Mickey Mouse market

Just to update we got all our monies transferred to our bank Account, pp account is suspended with 3k still there. They can keep it. Just paid my car loan off. Need to hide it from the wife so no holidays yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

sidcon wrote: »
    Just to update we got all our monies transferred to our bank Account, pp account is suspended with 3k still there. They can keep it. Just paid my car loan off. Need to hide it from the wife so no holidays yet.

Check mate ha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Nice hahaha

Advertisement