Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know what this is?

Options
  • 06-08-2017 7:39am

This plant began in a flower pot which I thought my father had given me among other shrubs. It was a mere 4-5 inches long. I planted it in early spring and it has since grown vigorously to about 3-4 feet in that time.

Last time dad was here he didn't recognise it as something he gave me but had an idea that it was best removed from where it was as he had seen it in the wild and looked like it could grow into a problem especially where I had it growing.

Any ideas what it is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

It's a willow tree. Remove and discard or plant it in some wild corner or hedge.

Thanks lottpaul.

I've a gap in the front hedge I might stick it into.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

If its a nice, trimmed/maintained hedge I wouldnt bother. They get very big, are not too attractive except for catkins in spring and are really only suitable in wilder spots. They love wet soil though and you could find a boggy spot for it. :)

Advertisement