Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gmail notifications

Options
  • 05-08-2017 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,919 ✭✭✭

My phone has stopped giving me notifications when I get mail. Even when I go into Gmail I have to refresh the page and then all the new ones appear.
    I'm on a Moto G4 so I'm guessing that when it was doing one of its ghost touch dances it managed to change my settings, but for the life of me I can't find the setting to change things back.
    Can anyone help?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭AllForIt

My phone has stopped giving me notifications when I get mail. Even when I go into Gmail I have to refresh the page and then all the new ones appear.
    I'm on a Moto G4 so I'm guessing that when it was doing one of its ghost touch dances it managed to change my settings, but for the life of me I can't find the setting to change things back.
    Can anyone help?
    Thanks.

You may have turned the 'sync' toggle in the app drawer to off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,919 ✭✭✭thesandeman

AllForIt wrote: »
    You may have turned the 'sync' toggle in the app drawer to off.

Not sure what the app drawer is, but I don't think so.
    All my Twitter notifications work fine.

Can anyone help?
    Thanks.

If you're using power saver, it can affect notifications coming through.

Apart from this, go to Gmail > open sliding menu from side > settings > choose account > make sure notifications is selected, as well as sync Gmail further down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Go to settings-> accounts-> Google and turn off and back on the slider beside gmail. You can also select the 3 dots in the top right and select sync now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Not sure what the app drawer is, but I don't think so.
    All my Twitter notifications work fine.

Sorry what am I talking about. I meant the quick settings panel one swipes down from the top of the screen. Mine has a sycn toggle where if it's turned off all gmail and phone contacts syncing will cease.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,919 ✭✭✭thesandeman

AllForIt wrote: »
    Sorry what am I talking about. I meant the quick settings panel one swipes down from the top of the screen. Mine has a sycn toggle where if it's turned off all gmail and phone contacts syncing will cease.

Gotcha. That done the job. It's called synchronous on mine so I didn't make the connection.
    Thanks all.

Advertisement