Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Camping friends.. maybe ?

Options
  • 05-08-2017 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi All,

My girlfriend and I, both in early 20s are very keen on camping trips which involved lots of walking, travelling by car and exploring just in general. A problem we've had for a while now, is its difficult to find a reliable bunch of people willing to go camping in the wild and just two of us isn't int exactly safe either.
    I've tried contacting many of my old friends all of which went on one trip and got scared when they got wet or cold... (shocker) I thought i would ask here, if anyone is around our age on this forum who is a into this enjoyable hobby?

Matthew

Comments

Not safe?

Where are you planning to camp and what are the dangers? Haul down to the SW, you won't find many psycho killers out in the wilds of the Reeks or the Cahas.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Would have thought being in the wilderness alone would be heaven, I know people that have done it on their own for their whole lives in extremely remote areas, they're very much at peace with the world. Enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Eminence

Well sometimes it's lovely to go by ourselves which is what we have been doing for the past while.
    But sometimes we would like to go in a group of people, meet new people, have new experiences and stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Mod note:

OP, you have the same thread in the main Outdoor Pursuits forum as well as in the Wild Camping subforum, so one of the two threads should go. What I might suggest is either you could choose to keep this thread and delete the other thread or else move the posts in this thread to the other thread in the Wild Camping forum. Up to you but you might indicate your position via PM. Thanks.

Advertisement