Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arts Degrees.

Options
  • 05-08-2017 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi folks,

I've recently been accepted to do an Arts degree at Maynooth University. I have read up about the background of the college and its reputation, but am struggling to find how regarded a degree is from Maynooth. Obviously, what you study would have a big part to play. But what would be the huge difference between studying Business management at Maynooth as opposed to studying business management at DCU?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 venuscryflap

Zinco10 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I've recently been accepted to do an Arts degree at Maynooth University. I have read up about the background of the college and its reputation, but am struggling to find how regarded a degree is from Maynooth. Obviously, what you study would have a big part to play. But what would be the huge difference between studying Business management at Maynooth as opposed to studying business management at DCU?

Hi, I studied at maynooth for years. Congratulations. Amazing college and has grown phenomenally -lovely atmosphere. Particularly recognised for it's maths, bioscience, youth work and anthropology ( only place in ireland for a degree). If I was you to help make up my mind, research the modules on the course through the department's website and look for relevancy to current trends. You could just google that stuff. Eden (department) is particularly geared towards business innovation and creativity, product design and has alot of connections with anthropology. For the record alot of big businesses use anthro -Intel for one, so maynooth has a distinct advantage over other colleges in that regard. You may be able to do a module in anthro as part of your degree, such as 'consumption' (5credits).

I know it must seem that you need a well known uni to get a good degree, but most important is how well you settle in and how interesting the courses (as well as the entertainment) are for you to get the results you deserve. Put it this way a third from Trinity ain't better than a first from Maynooth. Have fun.

Advertisement