Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

basic question and what laptop

Options
  • 05-08-2017 2:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm going to study social studies in September grade 5 for a year (to start with anyway). It's 20 years since I sat in a classroom! I'm wondering what would I bring in the first day. Like a hardback copy/foolscap? And pens. Or laptop? I presume I will need a laptop for college can anybody recommend one? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wherearewe45

I've brought a laptop before so no harm. Hard back copy is always handy for taking notes. Maybe bring bring copy the first day, see how many bring laptops and go from there

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Joejoanne123

Hi. I went back to do a degree in computer science after 30 years away from full time education. The first two days you probably won't have any classes. All you'll need to bring for the first week is something to write in and with. Myself, I got a copy for each of my six modules. I wouldn't buy a laptop for at least a couple of weeks, as you don't know what spec of machine you'll need. You can play it by ear for the first week anyways. Good luck and congrats on deciding to go back to college. :)

Advertisement