Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speedo Triathlon Comp Thinsuit or Orca Equip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Speedo and Orca make decent gear so their suits will be designed with good shoulder flexibility.

I have an entry level Speedo suit that I've used in Tris and OW swims for the past 6 years. Works fine for me. I'm sure other people can recommend their choice of suit too.

It's all about the fit, it needs to be tight enough that it doesn't get swamped. Plus you need to pull it right up so that there's plenty of flex in the shoulders. Can be tricky to buy online for that reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭lazywhole

Hi, Im loooking to get a wetsuit for open water swimming. How did you get on
    getting your own?
    Can you give a recommendation on were you got yours and what type you got please

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Fluffybums

Lazywhole I went for the Orca equip and love it! I used to swim competitively as a child so have a good body position, most wetsuits had me feeling like I was swimming down hill, being a female of a certain age only made things worse. The yamamoto 39 neoprene is so flexible, though I do use the gloves to put it on as it does feel like it would be too easy to put a nail through it.
    I swam the 1.5 and 4km swims in Glendalough and my somewhat delicate shoulders were fine, despite the challenging conditions.
    I'm not sure the Equip would suit everyone but I love it. I ordered it from Sigma Sport as Wiggle didn't have the size.

Good luck with your search hope you find the right one more quickly than I did, I now have 4 wetsuits; it's a good job I get a lot of use from them in the summer, between Water Safety lessons, Nippers and my own swimming.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭lazywhole

Cheers,
    i went for the orca open water myself from swimcyclerun. Hoping the wetsuit will keep me out of the pool for another month or so.
    i also did the glendalough swim(750m). i felt a bit out of place being in skins. with good reason too.. i got a dose of the shakes after it. thanks again for advise

Advertisement