Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin airport

Options
  • 04-08-2017 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, needing a bit of help here. Flying from Carrickfinn airport aer lingus going to Dublin, getting another aer lingus flight same day to another EU country. Seeing as I go through security in Donegal does that mean I don't need to go through security in Dublin(dreading the hassle) do I just proceed to connecting flights

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I'll move this to a more appropriate forum

• Registered Users Posts: 18,122 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

nanuke9 wrote: »
    Hi, needing a bit of help here. Flying from Carrickfinn airport aer lingus going to Dublin, getting another aer lingus flight same day to another EU country. Seeing as I go through security in Donegal does that mean I don't need to go through security in Dublin(dreading the hassle) do I just proceed to connecting flights

Thanks

You can connect airside in Dublin, just follow the signs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Hooch16

Hi, thanks for that, by air side do you mean connecting flights. Thanks for your help😀

Hooch16 wrote: »
    Hi, thanks for that, by air side do you mean connecting flights. Thanks for your help😀

Airside means post security, follow signs for connecting flights.

Thanks for all your help. Sorry for trouble, forgot which email I was using when logging in to boards!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭The Veteran

Thanks for all your help. Sorry for trouble, forgot which email I was using when logging in to boards!!!!!!

Depends on time of day as to whether "Flight Connections" is open - if you arrive before 15:15/15:30 then it will be open. Again, depending on whthwer your arrival coincides with a third State arrival will dictate whether security screening will be in operation at Connections (basically that means if your flight from Donegal is in at the same time as Emirates and the passengers mix then security screening will be open.

Thanks The Veteran, my connecting flight's at noon so Connections should be open. Hopefully there will be no hold ups as I don't have much time between arriving and departing, not too sure about finding my way around the airport as I don't use it too often. Really appreciate your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭billie1b

Thanks The Veteran, my connecting flight's at noon so Connections should be open. Hopefully there will be no hold ups as I don't have much time between arriving and departing, not too sure about finding my way around the airport as I don't use it too often. Really appreciate your help.

If you're pushing it for time you can book OCS assistance, they'll meet you at your aircraft stand and drive you directly from there to Terminal 2 if you have a connecting flight.

My Donegal flight arrives in Terminal 2 so hopefully I won't have too far to go to my departure for Vienna. Appreciate your fast reply. Once again thanks for the info.

My Donegal flight arrives in Terminal 2 so hopefully I won't have too far to go to my departure for Vienna. Appreciate your fast reply. Once again thanks for the info.

Sorry but it doesn't, it arrives onto a remote stand down by the 100 gates (Terminal 1) and depending on time of day etc the bus will drop you into T1 or T2, with OCS you can be guaranteed a drop off to Terminal 2

• Advertisement

Didn't know that, I thought Aer Lingus only used Terminal 2. I think I'll take your advice on that. i thought OCS was only if you needed a wheelchair or help to get on the plane. Once again thanks for taking the time to answer my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Didn't know that, I thought Aer Lingus only used Terminal 2. I think I'll take your advice on that. i thought OCS was only if you needed a wheelchair or help to get on the plane. Once again thanks for taking the time to answer my post.

How much time is between flights? If it's more than an hour relax you'll have loads of time.

OCS is for mobility assistance not 'fast track connections'.

OP the time of your flight to Vienna is not important, your arriving flight is what drives what will happen.

By the sounds of it you are in before the Emirates and therefore the bus that collects you from the Donegal flight will drop you into T2; follow the signs for flight connections (down to the left of main immigration - do not go to main immigration) and straight through (show boarding card and passport) and once you pass the immigration officers in the Connections corridor you go upstairs and you are in departures; it will take 5-10 mins from when you get off the bus (the bus will take 5 mins and it will take 7/8 minutes to unload the plane from opening doors). My estimate would be you will be at your Departing Gate within 30 minutes of landing.

OCS is for mobility assistance not 'fast track connections'.

OP the time of your flight to Vienna is not important, your arriving flight is what drives what will happen.

By the sounds of it you are in before the Emirates and therefore the bus that collects you from the Donegal flight will drop you into T2; follow the signs for flight connections (down to the left of main immigration - do not go to main immigration) and straight through (show boarding card and passport) and once you pass the immigration officers in the Connections corridor you go upstairs and you are in departures; it will take 5-10 mins from when you get off the bus (the bus will take 5 mins and it will take 7/8 minutes to unload the plane from opening doors). My estimate would be you will be at your Departing Gate within 30 minutes of landing.

OCS is for anyone who wishes to avail of it's service not just people with mobility issues, they very often collect people who are on connecting flights (with no mobility assistance needed) to get them to T2 quickly.

Hi, thanks for all the info. My flight from Carrickfinn arrives at 8:55am and my onward flight is 11:55. So I have 2 hrs as long as there are no strong winds at Carrickfinn as they sometimes cancel but that's usually in the winter!!
    All the directions that you have given has taken the anxiety out of my journey. Thanks to all for your help.
    ��

billie1b wrote: »
    OCS is for anyone who wishes to avail of it's service not just people with mobility issues, they very often collect people who are on connecting flights (with no mobility assistance needed) to get them to T2 quickly.

I didn't say OCS was never abused, I said it's not for 'fast tracking'. All passengers pay a supplement to fund that service and anyone abusing it is scamming all of us.

Anyone connecting in T2 (not those doing self connects) are known to the airport and there are specific Transfer Hosts employed by the daa to facilitate any transfer passengers.

Transferring in Dublin is dead handy compared to some of the real hubs in europe and the US

Hi, thanks for all the info. My flight from Carrickfinn arrives at 8:55am and my onward flight is 11:55. So I have 2 hrs as long as there are no strong winds at Carrickfinn as they sometimes cancel but that's usually in the winter!!
    All the directions that you have given has taken the anxiety out of my journey. Thanks to all for your help.
    ��

You've 3 hours, you should be completely fine. Plenty of time to wonder round the shops too!

Yes, meant to say 3 hours, see what I mean!! Getting too excited. I think if I have a coffee that will be enough shopping for me....

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dvallinger

Hello, I need some advise from you. I arrive to Terminal 1 at 15:15 and my next flight to US departs at 16:15 from Terminal 2. I have only hand luggage. Lets assume there will be no delay, do you think I can do US Pre-Clearance only in the US or must do it in Dublin? If it is not a must in Dublin, do you think I can reach my 2nd flight within 60 min or I have to do another security check, etc? Thank you in advance

dvallinger wrote: »
    Hello, I need some advise from you. I arrive to Terminal 1 at 15:15 and my next flight to US departs at 16:15 from Terminal 2. I have only hand luggage. Lets assume there will be no delay, do you think I can do US Pre-Clearance only in the US or must do it in Dublin? If it is not a must in Dublin, do you think I can reach my 2nd flight within 60 min or I have to do another security check, etc? Thank you in advance

Which airline are you arriving into T1 on? If you have a consolidated ticket then the airline will know you're coming etc but you need to be aware that you will have to:

- clear Irish immigration
    - exit through Customs
    - go upstairs and go through security (you could go to T2 security if the queue plus walk is less than T1 security queue time)
    - proceed to US pre-clearance and go through security again; then
    - present to pre-clearance.

If you're flight used pre-clearance then everyone on board pre-clears : no choice! (Legally you choose to pre-clear but that's a different thing). A flight cannot be a mixture as it arrives into a domestic Gate in the US.

15:15 in t1 most days is busy. I would not say it is not possible but you need a lot of things to go in your favour

• Advertisement

Hello, Thank you so much for the fast response. I go there with Ryanair and then change to Norwegian. So maybe I should look for another flight to Dublin if I cannot avoid pre-clearance:)

You didn't book it as a connection, hence you won't get another flight if you miss the first one, so I'd most certainly advise you do not continue with your plan, as it's extremely likely you would not make your flight, as above you've to clear 3 formalities, each of which, especially the USPC, can be very time consuming.

Keep in mind also, if you book an earlier flight, and that flight is delayed causing you to miss your Norwegian flight, you're still the only one liable (possible you could get EU261 compensation if the delay is long and was not caused by extraordinary circumstance) and would have to pay for a new flight (walk up prices are not cheap).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

My sis-in-law went home on the late EI flight last week, 16.00hrs I think. Was very slow at the Irish immigration end so be very careful with your timings.

Thank you so much for your help, I have to look for another earlier flight then :)

Advertisement