Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consolidated AIB shares with GBY stockbrokers

Options
  • 04-08-2017 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

Bought €1,000 worth of shares as they were plummeting 8 off years ago at €1.50
    Arse fell out of them and decided to just leave the account open with Goodbodys in the hope that they might recover some day.
    Recently found out that they consolidated AIB shares, effectively meaning that I now own 2 shares!! in the meantime, my account fees have stacked up to €255. (their prices doubled last year)
    Never made aware of this and if I was I never understood it nor did I sign anything.... GBY will keep charging me until I close the account and sell shares.
    No clue about all of this to be honest. Do I even have a leg to stand on?
    Or do I accept that I've just been F'd in the A yet again by another Irish financial institution. :mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,086 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

As a customer Goodbody always posted info to me.

Then that switched online, which I agreed to.

Yes, their fees increased last year, mine rose from 26 to 60+VAT.

I left them then.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Mort5000

Were you not given a fees info sheet when you opened (and signed for) the account?
    Have you moved since you opened your account and left GBY with old address details?

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

I've no issue paying for annual administration fees... however I left the account open in good faith in the hope that the shares would regain their value. But AIB moved the goldposts in consolodating their share price in 2015 and diluting shares.

Advertisement