Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

screen freezing

Options
  • 04-08-2017 8:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

I can't use my phone as the touch screen not working. I have tried to factory reset button a couple of times but no difference. It still rings, texts come thro etc but I can't get in to phone/ Not due for upgrade til November. Why would this have happend in first place? So annoying...

Comments

73trix wrote: »
    I can't use my phone as the touch screen not working. I have tried to factory reset button a couple of times but no difference. It still rings, texts come thro etc but I can't get in to phone/ Not due for upgrade til November. Why would this have happend in first place? So annoying...

Which device is it? Most would have a diagnostic test to see if the issue is caused by hardware fault or not.

You can plug a mouse in via USB otg cable in the meantime to navigate around the menus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Basil3 wrote: »
    Which device is it? Most would have a diagnostic test to see if the issue is caused by hardware fault or not.

You can plug a mouse in via USB otg cable in the meantime to navigate around the menus.

Sony xperia. unfortunately don't have a mouse in the house. I won't get into a shop til tomo.was wondering if anything else I try in the meantime...

Bought a wireless mouse today in Hug Me. Best I could get with limited time to get into shops. Maybe i've been sold a pup but I can't get it working! It's battery powered but despite every variation of battery insertion, the power light does not stay on and doesn't seem to work!

73trix wrote: »
    Bought a wireless mouse today in Hug Me. Best I could get with limited time to get into shops. Maybe i've been sold a pup but I can't get it working! It's battery powered but despite every variation of battery insertion, the power light does not stay on and doesn't seem to work!

How will you get it to connect to the wireless mouse if you can't touch anything on the screen? Is it a bluetooth mouse, or one that uses a receiver?

If your phone is less than 2 years old and bought new, it's still under warranty....why not just take it back to where you got it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

You need to have a wired mouse plugged in then restart the phone and that will work on Xperias

• Advertisement

Thank you! That did it!! The phone shopguy didn't mention restarting phone. Yay!

Advertisement