Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amh levels

Options
  • 04-08-2017 7:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

Back in 2015 we were trying for a baby with no luck so went to a private clinic for blood tests.
    While waiting for the results I got pregnant so didn't go looking g for the blood results.
    Our baby is now 14 Months and we are chatting about trying for a second baby, I contacted the fertility clinic to receive the results out of curiosity and received them yesterday. It says my amh levels were 7.7 and should get an up to date test done. Is 7.7 low and can I do anything to improve it. I am finding it hard to get any info online tats not so confusing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

There is no way to improve them, its not like sperm levels. What age are you? Mine was 10 at 32 which were fairly low for my age but I am currently pregnant after treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

lashes34 wrote: »
    There is no way to improve them, its not like sperm levels. What age are you? Mine was 10 at 32 which were fairly low for my age but I am currently pregnant after treatment.

Hiya, I'm 36 now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

That would of been low enough for under 35. I think the average is about 15 or so. Some clinics analyse it differently though. It is said there is no way to improve AMH but when I got mine tested first in 2013 it was 30.6 . then when I went to have another cycle of ivf this year it was 36.7 . So had increased a good bit. During that time I had twins so Im not sure if that effects it or not. I had also given up smoking.

Advertisement