Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public service broadcasting. Dublin and Belfast January 2018

Options
  • 04-08-2017 6:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Public service broadcasting will be playing the academy in Dublin on January 24 2018. Tickets go on sale at 9am today. They are also playing the Limelight in Belfast on January 25.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I've bought my ticket for Belfast.  They're great live :)

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spindex

Would anyone be able to give me an estimate as to what time this will finish tomorrow night, has the academy got a curfew ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Based on previous setlists, and assuming there's a support, I'd say they'll be on at 9:00/9:10 and finished at 10:30/10:40, but that's pure guesswork.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭dasdog

As its a school night I'm just popping in briefly to see PSB myself. The Academy often post stage times on the day of the gig on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 overeager

If anyone knows of anyone with 2 face-value (or close enough) tickets for this gig I'd greatly appreciate a heads up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭ahlookit

overeager wrote: »
    If anyone knows of anyone with 2 face-value (or close enough) tickets for this gig I'd greatly appreciate a heads up!

someone selling 2 on toutless now

(not me, I'm still going :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spindex

Any good music pubs near the venue for a pint before the show ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭dasdog

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Great gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Phenomenal stuff. Signal 30, All Out and Go! were personal highlights, but the whole thing was great. €20 for t-shirts and (in particular) €15 for LPs was pretty decent too.

The Pit
    People Will Always Need Coal
    Theme From PSB
    Signal 30
    Korolev
    E.V.A.
    Progress
    Go to the Road
    Night Mail
    Spitfire
    They Gave Me a Lamp
    All Out
    The Other Side
    Go!

Encore:

Gagarin
    Everest

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Very good show. Signal 30 blew me away.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭Penfailed

They had the same setlist in Belfast...except for Signal 30! I was gutted about that. Apart from that...great show.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

A few days late but I have to post for posterity...this gig was amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

Nice review here

Advertisement