Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mokuba's 1st Goalscorer 17/18 Road to Glory

Options
  • 03-08-2017 11:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭

Hi - I did one of these last season, had no winner and shortly stopped updating it. I can promise that the only way I will stop updating this is if my bank goes to 0.

1st Goalscorer bets are considered risky by many - I have often gained great returns from them. I think there is decent value to be had on occasion and I find FGS great for having an interest in a game.

I will try to provide reasoning with all my selections.

I'm going to start with a bank of €200. Some weekends I could have 4 bets, some I could have no bets. Being the first weekend, I am eager to have a crack at the bookies and will have a decent couple for this weekend. Hopefully we have a winner thrown in.

Nottingham Forest v Millwall

r179093_1296x729_16-9.jpg&w=738&site=espnfc

Forest should have the beating of Millwall here. Zach Clough was really good to me last year, but I'm not sure if he will be starting off the bat under new boss Warburton. One player who will almost certainly start is Ben Brereton. He came into the squad last season and scored 3 good goals. He went to the U-19 Euros and finished joint top scorer with 3 also. He can play up front, behind the striker or out wide, but Warburton has a fairly fluid set-up with lots of interchanging.

I think Brereton is overpriced at 7/1 and I'm all over him

€10 on Ben Brereton 1st Goalscorer @ 7/1 with Paddy Power.

Sunderland v Derby

nintchdbpict000290988188-e1484593769565.jpg?strip=all&w=428

Sunderland are in a sorry state and with Jason Steele in goal (Robin Ruiter probably missing) I can see them leaking goals tomorrow. All sorts of trouble behind the scenes and some of the signings have been bizarre, despite the fact Grayson has experience with them. Derby's business hasn't been amazing but they do have one of the best goalscorers back in Chris Martin. He threw the toys out of the pram last year with Fulham but back at Derby he should be backed to score regularly.

€10 on Chris Martin 1st Goalscorer @ 6/1 with Paddy Power

Starting Bank - €200
    In Play - €20

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Short for time seeing as the other thread had a 20 minute write-up that disappeared.

Joe is perfect for Mick McCarthy and can find the net at this level.

Seani will be the fittest player on the pitch - I think he will take to the Championship like a fish to water.

Ipswich v Birmingham

€5 Joe Garner 1st scorer 7/1 with Paddy Power

Preston v Sheffield Wednesday

€7.50 Sean Maguire 1st scorer 6/1 with Paddy Power

Bank - €167.50
    In Play - €12.50
    Profit/Loss - -€20

No goal today for Seani but Joe Garner scored first to leave us in profit.

Joe Garner 1st returns €40

New Bank - 207.50
    Profit/Loss - +7.50

Aston Villa v Hull

Hernandez cleaned up last time he was in the Championship and I think he can do the same here again. Hull's XI is probably the better of the two out there today and Hernandez at 8/1 is value for FGS.

€7.50 on Abel Hernandez to score 1st v Aston Villa - 8/1 with Paddy Power

Hernandez misfire to leave us where we started.

Bournemouth v Watford

Andre Gray 1st goalscorer @ 15/2 with Boylesports - €7.50 win

Wolves v Cardiff

Kenneth Zohore 1st goalscorer @ 6/1 with Paddy Power - €5 win

Notts Forest v Middlesbrough

Britt Assombalonga 1st goalscorer @ 5/1 with Paddy Power - €7.50 win

Advertisement