Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Transfer Entry To A Different College

• 03-08-2017 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1 Espana83

Ive recently completed a level 7 in computing in CIT, this was 3 years in duration, as CIT dont offer a progression to a level 8 in this course ive applied to do my level 8 in computer science in UCC.

I was accepted into the 3rd year of computer science, I applied for the 3rd year as I wanted work experience which I didnt get in my level 7.

On completing my application to UCC the admissions office told me id be liable for full fees as I had already done 3rd year in another college and would have to pay €7,400. I then went to the fees office who said that because I was progressing from a level 7 to a level 8 I was still eligible to receive the free fees initiative and would only have to pay the contribution fee of €3,000. On returning to the admissions office they said that the fees office were wrong.

Anyone know if I have to pay the full fees or not ? Stressed out of my head over this.

Thanks for any help
    Sean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭CZ 453

From my own experience- I had to pay full fees for UCC for 2 years as I had done 2 years in CIT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

If you got free fees for 3rd year in CIT, you won't get it for 3rd year in UCC. This would apply regardless of the college - the rules are set down by the HEA. If your new course has a 4th year, then you would qualify for the free fees again when you progress to 4th year.

Is there an option to transfer to a fourth year somewhere - another IT maybe?

Advertisement