Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish rail "flexible" seat

Options
  • 03-08-2017 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,497 ✭✭✭

Just on Irish rail website and its offering me a "flexible" ticket. See attached.

Has a look but can't find answer. I presume flexible means I am not assigned a seat and could end up standing most likeky.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭howiya

When you click book tickets it will take you to the seat selection part. There's not many seats left so I'd book it soon.

The flexible ticket allows you to travel at any time of day but your seat will on be guaranteed on the service you book ie the 8:20. Get the next train and you'll more than likely be standing due to the extra crowds coming up for the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,497 ✭✭✭obi604

just looking at this again.
    maybe only me, but does the attached look like conflicting information to you ?!
    (where I have the arrows pointed)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,671 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

obi604 wrote: »
    just looking at this again.
    maybe only me, but does the attached look like conflicting information to you ?!
    (where I have the arrows pointed)

It's just informing people no tickets will be available at the station, it may be a little confusing however in most normal cases if a service is sold out tickets will be available at the station but because of the alert they won't be.

I agree not exactly clear but they are working on changing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,671 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Sorry to bump this old thread, but I was wondering, if I have a flexible ticket for a route, can I exit at intermediate stations and get back on later that same day, or no? E.g. If I buy and Cork to Waterford flex ticket. Get off at Clonmel for a few hours, then continue on a later train to Waterford.

No, only tickets purchased in stations (higher price) than online allow you to exit for a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

you'll be hard pushed to find suitable trains anyway. There's only about two a day via Clonmel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Sorry to bump this old thread, but I was wondering, if I have a flexible ticket for a route, can I exit at intermediate stations and get back on later that same day, or no? E.g. If I buy and Cork to Waterford flex ticket. Get off at Clonmel for a few hours, then continue on a later train to Waterford.

The answer is no you will need a new ticket. Whether they charge you for a ticket in clonmel is another thing.

Advertisement