Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd hand graphic novels ?

Options
  • 02-08-2017 7:30pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know if any of the bookshops in Dublin sell 2nd hand novels ?
    Looking to get a few of the classic Marvel (Infinity Gauntlet, Claremont run of X-men) and DC (Cataclysm, contagion) graphic novels again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Chapters. A chunk of the time though, you don't save all that much.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Well in Cork I'm paying 20 - 25 euros new.
    The one place that does second hand is 10 per book.
    It adds up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Chapters have a good selection, Book Depository .co. uk tend to have them new for close to the same price. I leave them in a wishlist for ages then buy when there's a 10% discount code email.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

horgan_p wrote: »
    Well in Cork I'm paying 20 - 25 euros new.
    The one place that does second hand is 10 per book.
    It adds up a bit.

Book Depository is about 8-12 € delivered for the older ones. Picked up most of Transmetropolitan there recently, couldn't find them locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

The Bookstation shops around Dublin have a selection of Marvel stuff for €5 each. It's mainly more recent stuff and most of them have remainder marks (black markers along the top or bottom), but they're bargains if they have what you want.

• Advertisement

NuMarvel wrote: »
    The Bookstation shops around Dublin have a selection of Marvel stuff for €5 each. It's mainly more recent stuff and most of them have remainder marks (black markers along the top or bottom), but they're bargains if they have what you want.

Woah, where are these shops?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

Woah, where are these shops?!

I've been to the ones in Stillorgan, Tallaght, and Finglas, but there's a full list on their website: http://www.bookstation.ie/stores

Excellent cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭KayJay86

Jayd0g wrote: »
    Chapters have a good selection, Book Depository .co. uk tend to have them new for close to the same price. I leave them in a wishlist for ages then buy when there's a 10% discount code email.

Great tip! Just doing the same now!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Johnner69

Over the years I've picked up many a graphic novel - second-hand and new - in The Secret Book And Record Store on Wicklow Street, Dublin. Much like with The Bookstation and Chapters, it would need to be a regular haunt if you're to find something compatible with your tastes. Prices are super, but there's no great selection at any one time: usually a random mix of the odd mainstream and alternative title.

Here's hoping Brexit doesn't interfere too much with Book Depository. Leo should make that a priority!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Book Depository have been owned by Amazon for years now so I doubt that Brexit will change things much there. Mind you, in the UK at least I find Speedyhen more likely to have competitive prices than bookdepository for the stuff I'm buying...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JayRoc

Does anyone know what happened with Hidden Treasures? I'd thought it was just the shop in Stephen's Green had closed, but apparently the original in Maynooth is gone as well.

Such a pity.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

I swear I had no idea this was happening.......

Advertisement