Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External HD for storing photos

• 02-08-2017 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi,

I need to remove 150GB of photos from my notebook to an external hard drive, in fact 2 (I want one as back up). I'm thinking 2x 500GB.
    Any recommendations of what to buy and where?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

I've been using Samsung M3 2TB HDD for a few years now. (seems they might have been rebranded to Maxtor now)
    Had a WD Elements HDD before that and worked fine too, just got too small with time.

Even though my photo library is not huge, I would not buy anything below 1TB.
    If you decide you want to store some video, it eats up a lot of space. (that's where most of my space is gone, small little clips amount to tons of GB)

Plus if you're shopping on Amazon, there 4 euro difference between 500GB and 1TB.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Maxtor-Slimline-Portable-Hard-Drive/dp/B01AJWNYLA/ref=dp_ob_title_ce?th=1

Advertisement