Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hop up / scope

Options
  • 01-08-2017 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Just looking for a little advice on the below. I have played a few times and have now invested in a Colt M4A1 KeyMod http://hobbyairsoft.ie/rifles/Electric-Rifles/180840-colt-keymod-Cybergun-M4-Cyma in hobby airsoft. Very helpful guy gave me buying tips.

Hop up
    My bb's seem to be dying earlier than i expect. I have adjusted the hop up in the chamber as high as it can go but they never seem to shoot up into the air at an angle either. I assumed they would do straight then raise slightly, then die. Is this standard for out of the box rifles? Do i need to buy an upgraded hop?

Scope
    I bought a scope as well in the shop, 3-9x40. I have followed the instructions for zeroing it in but it always appears to be low regards of my changes. would this be due to the hop up issue or is the scope to strong for a standard M4?

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

How far are you expecting the bbs will actually go ,
    First thing I'd be doing is cleaning the barrel the same with the scope you can see further than the bbs will travel hence seeing them drop off ,

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

What weight bb's are you using and what's your muzzle energy with your hop up @ "zero"?

Advertisement