Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

raspberry pi3 question

Options
  • 01-08-2017 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭

i have loaded my pi3 with retropie but it is only showing a few emulators with a few games and i cant figure out how to get the other emulators on it.

any help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,000 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Never used it but what about their forum?

https://retropie.org.uk/forum/

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

You need to copy ROMs of games to system with either USB or SSH. You also may need to install the package for the console you want to play on. Lots of videos on YouTube to show you how to do it. You will have to source the ROMs yourself as it's illegal without owning the games for that console they are for. Look up YouTube user ETAprime is one I think floob is another.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

jhud wrote: »
    You need to copy ROMs of games to system with either USB or SSH. You also may need to install the package for the console you want to play on. Lots of videos on YouTube to show you how to do it. You will have to source the ROMs yourself as it's illegal without owning the games for that console they are for. Look up YouTube user ETAprime is one I think floob is another.

Anyone fancy putting a few things on my raspberry pi 3 i have one and no idea what to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

catrat12 wrote: »
    Anyone fancy putting a few things on my raspberry pi 3 i have one and no idea what to do

Here's the guide. It's a doddle to follow.

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Transferring-Roms

i will try cheers

• Advertisement

Could not do what I wanted don't suppose you would do it for a few 💰

Could not do what I wanted don't suppose you would do it for a few ��

This worked on mine.
    • Get a USB key and use your pc/laptop to format it to FAT32 (right click - format - drop down).
    • After that's done, create a folder on that key called "retropie" (without quotes)
    • With the retropie running, plug the USB key in.
    • The light should start blinking as it's writing the folder structure on to it.
    • When it's stopped blinking / writing, take the USB and plug it back in to your pc/laptop.
    • Copy the relevant games (roms) to the new folders on the USB.
    • Plug the USB back in to the Pi and wait for it to stop blinking again.
    • Refresh or restart the Pi.
    • Done!

deadly sounds easy will give a go later do you just run that from there website

deadly sounds easy will give a go later do you just run that from there website

:confused:

Nope. Nothing to do with any websites.

What the above method does is allows you to copy roms (games) to and from your pc to the Pi. If any folders show as empty (i.e. if you don't have games for that system), the emulator will not appear in the retropie menu.

If you're looking to get roms there's no talk of that allowed here.

course not thank you

• Advertisement
Advertisement