Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sim free Samsung S7 Edge now locked how to unlock?

Options
  • 01-08-2017 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

Long story but my friend bought Samsung S7 Edge from Carphonewarehouse sim free as he lost his own. He then put his new Either Eir or Meteor sim into it and seems to have locked it to that network now. As he just found his old phone he is selling this to my wife but it wont accept her vodafone sim saying Sim network lock i am lead to believe that Samsung S7 Edge are now locking to whatever sim is inserted first. So my question is who do we contact to get this unlocked is it Carphonewarehouse/Samsung or Meteor\Eir.

Hope you can help
    Thanks
    John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Are you sure it wasn't locked in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

AngryLips wrote:
    Are you sure it wasn't locked in the first place?

That's what I am thinking as I don't see it for sale SIM free on carphonewarehouse but I do know some phones only lock to network of SIM inserted. My friend is taking the phone back to carphonewarehouse where he bought it to hopefully sort it out. Will give update once sorted I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

I was just on to Eir chat customer help and they have confirmed the phone is with eir mobile so passing this on to my friend now to request unlock code from them.
    Thanks

Advertisement