Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticketmaster gift card bought in north issue

Options
  • 01-08-2017 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

I have a ticketmaster gift card bought in the north, which means it can only be used for events in the U.K., rendering it absolutely useless to me. I wonder what the chances are of getting a refund from the point of sale?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I have a ticketmaster gift card bought in the north, which means it can only be used for events in the U.K., rendering it absolutely useless to me. I wonder what the chances are of getting a refund from the point of sale?

Not being smart, but have you asked them what they could do for you? It costs nothing to enquire from the people who will know best what can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

Not being smart, but have you asked them what they could do for you? It costs nothing to enquire from the people who will know best what can be done.

I've emailed ticketmaster to see if they can help but it's been a few days and they haven't responded yet

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

They have no obligation to do anything for you, so wait and see what they come back with. They may be helpful.

Other than that, you could try selling it. Maybe someone visits the UK a lot or someone in the UK would want it.

Not sure why you thought a UK Ticketmaster voucher would be able to be used here.

Paulw wrote: »
    They have no obligation to do anything for you, so wait and see what they come back with. They may be helpful.

Other than that, you could try selling it. Maybe someone visits the UK a lot or someone in the UK would want it.

Not sure why you thought a UK Ticketmaster voucher would be able to be used here.

I live in the north so there are no Euro gift cards to be bought here only sterling. That's why I have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

I live in the north so there are no Euro gift cards to be bought here only sterling. That's why I have it.

I would have thought there are a few concerts in Belfast each year, maybe not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Then, if living in the North, how is it useless to you?. Lots of concerts in Belfast.

All of the events I want to go to are in Dublin. I don't want to use it for something in Belfast just for the sake of it. I thought I could use it for something I actually wanted to go to!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Not sure if you have tried this already - but have you tried booking events in Dublin through the UK ticketmaster site? Surely the UK ticketmaster site should honour UK vouchers? Other option is to re-gift it to someone that might use it.

chuckles30 wrote: »
    Not sure if you have tried this already - but have you tried booking events in Dublin through the UK ticketmaster site? Surely the UK ticketmaster site should honour UK vouchers? Other option is to re-gift it to someone that might use it.

Yes I tried that but when I select a Dublin event the prices revert back to euro even via the U.K. site. And I think I'm going to go with your second suggestion because I have no plans to be in Belfast any time soon and my niece is looking to go to a concert there so thankfully the gift card can be used for that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Have you tried paying with it? I know if you book a Dublin concert on the uk site the prices is in Euros but it still might let you use the card.

• Advertisement

Miaireland wrote: »
    Have you tried paying with it? I know if you book a Dublin concert on the uk site the prices is in Euros but it still might let you use the card.

Yes I did try, it comes up that it is an invalid gift card

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Miaireland wrote: »

Won't work.

Euro gift card cannot be used for events priced in sterling and vice versa. Doesn't matter if you see a converted sterling price on the UK site, you can't use a euro gift card on it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

You're going to have to sell it I imagine - refunds on gift cards are practically unheard of.

I think there is a problem with the gift card guys. My niece tried to use it for an event in Belfast and it says invalid gift card. also the website asks for a 3 digit pin but the number on the gift card has 4 digits. The website won't let her input more than 3 digits.

I have the receipt of it so I will try and return it or exchange it or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

This talks of "activation" dunno if that is immediate when you buy it or if you do it.
    Can I have a refund on my Gift Card?

Refunds are available for un-used purchased from us up to 14 days from the date of activation. Refunds will be issued in the form of a cheque and can take up to 6 to 8 weeks. To request a refund please click on the link below and complete the form. Please include as much information as possible.

https://help.ticketmaster.co.uk/?tm_link=tm_homeA_ql_2

Advertisement