Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

4 day ski holiday

• 01-08-2017 2:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi All,

i am looking to go on a ski holiday for 4 days (cant really do anymore than 4 days unfortunately) next Jan / Feb

Can anyone recommend a good ski resort that I can fly direct too and that is close to an airport. My hope is that I can ski on the days that I fly.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

It depends on your ability - if you're a beginner try Morzine, if you're experienced try Chamonix. Both are great locations, close to Geneva Airport, and, flying from Dublin you can be out on the slopes by early afternoon, following an early morning flight - I've managed it for both destinations.

Both are lovely towns, with nice pubs, and lots of restaurants. And both are well serviced by private coaches to transfer you from the airport to the town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Have a look at this & this for my experience last season. Dublin to Munich to the SkiWelt worked out really well. I'll likely do the same again next season.

P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭Drdenise75

I'd second the recommendation for Morzine. It's also good for experienced skiers as you can head up to Avoriaz by skiing/lifts and that area is huge. Only an hour from Geneva. If you can fly out of Dublin in the morning you can be on the slopes the same day. We also skied the day we were flying home. If you want do that try to find a hotel that will let you use the shower afterwards so you'll be freshened up for the flight! Think most of the decent ones do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Morzine in January could be risky enough, snow has been very late last 2years, Feb more reliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Timmaay wrote: »
    Morzine in January could be risky enough, snow has been very late last 2years, Feb more reliable.

You'd still have Avoriaz, which is a lot more snow sure. It's only a short, free bus trip away, or you can ski to Avoriaz directly from the Super Morzine lift, which is in Morzine town centre.

There's also a great red, that goes from Avoriaz, down to the bus stop, that you can end your day with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭a148pro

I haven't been on a week long ski holiday for about ten years so if you search through my posts you'll see a bunch of ones about 3 - 4 day trips

In fact i've been thinking of doing a general post about them as i've spent an awful amount of time thinking about them and doing them over the last few years and would like to share my knowledge and views

Advertisement