Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC-9 Hedge clippers.

Options
  • 01-08-2017 3:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

A Croatian PC-9 down among the foliage...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Comment deleted.

I think you should read the official report before deciding whether you would describe the Irish accident in those terms. http://www.aaiu.ie/sites/default/files/upload/general/13426-REPORT_2011_016-0.PDF

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭billie1b

Thats some nice piloting there

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

He for sure knows the exact performance envelope of the aircraft, and looking at the terrain, I suspect it's a known area that has been flown over and reviewed at lower speeds on a previous occasion, I don't think it was a random route as such, and flying under the bridge would have been looked at before committing to doing it at that speed.

Impressive video. That type flying requires some serious situational awareness, especially at those sorts of speeds. Fun too!

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭duskyjoe

I agree, pilot knew his onions here re terrain and route......bridge underfly with another bridge below a classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

Comment deleted.

The military require low-level flying to avoid radar detection. If they don't practice in peacetime then they can't do it in wartime where the result will be that they are blown out of the sky.

It's more dangerous, sure, but when the alternative is a missile...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

Looks like it may be sped up a little?!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Looks like it may be sped up a little?!

From the movement of cars and the pilots head I'm not sure it is.

Advertisement