Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Myvalley in Carlow - ever heard of it?

Options
  • 31-07-2017 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Can any locate a place called Myvalley in Borris in Co Carlow?

(Online) baptism certs clearly have my GGradfather born there is 1856. The transcription and the original seem pretty clear that the place is Myvalley, (possibly Myrally?) in parish of Borris in Co Carlow.

I've tried swilson.info searching with places starting with My and generally looking on Google Maps. I don't think its MoyValley, as Borris is to the south.

Any tips or ideas gratefully accepted with thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

Moyvalley townland Co. Carlow is in Kiltennel civil parish, so one of those covered by Borris Catholic parish at the time. Moyvalley townland is just over 8km to the east of the town of Borris - see google map.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

for ref. - presume this in the entry on baptism register. Placename database entry for Moyvally townland.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 paumurp

shanew wrote: »
    Moyvalley townland Co. Carlow is in Kiltennel civil parish, so one of those covered by Borris Catholic parish at the time. Moyvalley townland is just over 8km to the east of the town of Borris - see google map.

Ah..thanks. it is Moy...was wrecking my head...somewhere I can visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 paumurp

shanew wrote: »
    for ref. - presume this in the entry on baptism register. Placename database entry for Moyvally townland.

That's it. Few sisters with same..Myvalley...now if I can find his birth. :)

Advertisement