Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registered Post No Delivery Record

Options
  • 31-07-2017 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My battle with Ryanair continues.

To cut a long story short, bought an action camera off Ryanair, it was faulty, they weren't budging but finally agreed to accept it back and refund me.

To make sure it went back to them, I sent it through registered post, and it was delivered on the 28th July.

However, up to today, there is no delivery record and no signature, it just says delivered. Ryanair are probably going to look for proof of delivery, but also for my own piece of mind, however there is none.

I was on to An Post, and they just keep telling me it was delivered. Even though I stated I paid for a service that requires a signature on delivery.

Anybody know where I can go from here?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Did you send it to the UK or Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Miaireland wrote: »
    Did you send it to the UK or Ireland?

Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you submit a POD request on the AP website what comes back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Yep got onto an post again this morning and it was part of a bulk delivery, so no signature, just one for all the packages in the bag.

Got POD anyways, he scanned a sheet that contained the parcels in the bag and the delivery address and my tracking number was one.

But yeah, slight waste of money for registered post! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Interesting to hear that. Last year I sent legal documents via the same postal service. I could track it until the nearest postal hub (200 miles away from where it was to go) . Rang An Post and while the customer service rep did his best he had no idea where it was. Rang the office where it was to go and it arrived with the normal post. A real.waste of money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

Interesting to hear that. Last year I sent legal documents via the same postal service. I could track it until the nearest postal hub (200 miles away from where it was to go) . Rang An Post and while the customer service rep did his best he had no idea where it was. Rang the office where it was to go and it arrived with the normal post. A real.waste of money

That's what is known in An Post as "out of course" which basically means it's not in the registered section of an office usually because someone accidentally put it in with the regular mail, in your case in that postal hub .

Any postal employee who spots it after that is obligated to bring it to the registered section of their office and I have known people who found one in their machine sorted mail in the delivery office it was intended for and brought it to their registered section .

Weird that someone apparently didn't spot it at that stage and put it back into the system
    Got POD anyways, he scanned a sheet that contained the parcels in the bag and the delivery address and my tracking number was one.

But yeah, slight waste of money for registered post!

Good investment in my case .Got insurance company claiming never sent documents but got POD report showing it had been signed for along with 19 other items so they had to stump up for cost of replacement documents .

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭UrbanFox

Out of interest, if you wanted to serve legal documents by registered post would the situation you described above constitute proof of service ?

Is it any more satisfactory to use one of the reputable couriers as distinct from An Post ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

Advertisement