Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Not happy with my truck ADI

Options
  • 31-07-2017 8:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hello all,

I wanted to just share my experience and I feel that this is the best place to get some feedback. I did my Category C multiple choice theory test and truck case studies and passed both first go so I went for my learner permit. I then went with a local truck driving school and have so far done two lessons. The problem is my instructor is not at all helpful. He is very negative to me and after my last lesson two weeks back he ripped me to shreds in a sense. He said that I have a lot of work to do, that I need a break and that no one will give me a licence and I should rethink the whole venture. Harsh I thought.

Needless to say I felt absolutely crap about my experience. I had done quite well in my second lesson. I had no problem with the gears (It's a 4 over 4 Gearstick) and I drove all around the city in the rigid, gaining confidence. I started to feel good about myself. I also did a reverse around the corner. Got it on my third attempt in a quiet area with abandoned factories. But my instructor is just so critical and negative I feel like just asking the boss can I switch instructors as this guy is only breaking my self esteem. But its not that easy because I have paid 1000 euro up front so if I follow my instructors advice I should just go and get a refund and not bother with the profession. I feel this is unfair judgement. I mean come on, only two lessons in. Two hours done so far. Any advice what I should do? I don't want to continue driving with him if he continues this way. He also asked me did I fail my car driving test many times! (I passed it first go by the way). He's not exactly motivating me with these comments. Please help with some advice. Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,285 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

You have to understand that you are driving something that can cause a great deal of damage.

I admit that the guys method seems a little unorthodox or harsh but perhaps he just wants to reinforce that you need to be very careful.

Is there another instructor you can ask for?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,045 ✭✭✭✭neris

can you get another instructor in the school? where abouts is the school located?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭edwood

I'm going to ring them and ask can I get a different instructor in the school to teach me instead. Fingers crossed. It's in Limerick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

Had this problem before when i was in Fas with an instructor.

He was an employee of the school of motoring.

The owner backed his employee and said i was the problem.

Transpires that the instructor had problems with other people.

Always remember 1 thing, you are the customer, you can decide which ADI to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭edwood

Just rang. Can't change me too a different instructor or even give me a lesson this week. Told me to ring them next week. I feel cheated here. I paid up front. And I got no lesson last week so by the time I get another, it will be three weeks since I had a lesson.

• Advertisement
Advertisement