Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

State Savings Certs V Bonds

Options
  • 30-07-2017 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭

Pure curiosity. I have dozens of State Savings/NTMA certificates, bonds, and national solidarity bonds. As I accrued then over many decades, a few come up for cash in or renewal every year. So far, as I'm not in need of the funds, I usually just renew them. In light of the low interest rates at the moment I was just wondering if the feeling would be to lock in at the longest term with the better aer or go for the shorter term lower aer on the assumption that they could be renewed in 3 years at, perhaps, a higher rate by then. Certificates v Bonds, in other words.

I'm not that bothered, as there are really just my rainy day funds but thought I'd throw it out there for opinions.

Advertisement