Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three single biker crashes in 8hrs

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

ED E wrote: »

Read that one this morning, along with the others during the week. Wreckless or not I don't think anyone should pay with losing a life to the road. Sadly when things do not go well on the motorbike things can go very wrong very quick.

Stay safe out on the road folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I got caught outside in a shower while bleeding brakes yesterday evening around half 7 and I was absolutely drenched in the minute it took me to get in out of the rain, literally out of nowhere bright skies to torrential rain, I'm 10 mins outside limerick

could easily have been related to the accident at the roundabout

the one in south hill... you would just have to wonder if the bike was like most other bikes that end up in south hill

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

ED E wrote: »
    Weather wasn't particularly bad, seems like the reckless minority may be giving you all a bad name again.

Three men lost their life FFS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

I'm not a motorcyclist but when I see how they behave on the open road I'm
    surprised that there are not more fatalities! They have scant regard for their
    own safety thinking that they are untouchable but unfortunately as yesterday
    can evidently show, that is clearly not the case!

Motorcyclists should be banned from weaving through traffic!
    Treat it like a car, you wait your turn to go just like everyone else!

GingerLily wrote: »
    Three men lost their life FFS

And.....

• Advertisement

nobody reply...

I muttered a crude four letter word aloud that starts with C and ends with T when I read your post.

The wife shot me a filthy dirty look and I showed her your post and she also said the same rotten word, without hesitation.

I wish you'd live up to your username if that's what you have to say. Why don't you go back to your potting shed and your hornby collectors guide instead of stirring it up in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

RIP to those that lost their lives.

You're not a biker but your comments suggest you know f*ck all about bikers either.
    You're generalising and tarring everyone with the same brush .. there are many highly skilled riders who undertake regular training to keep their standard of riding to as high as they can.

You're entitled to your opinion but suggesting that all on bikes have scant regard to their safety is a very blinkered assumption. Not all that have been killed would have obtained a license or ownership of the bike with the owners consent.

There are many factors to consider when accidents happen .. not always the riders fault. Yes there have been instances where a rider lost his life when they road above their ability but that wouldn't always be the case.

If somebody is weaving at high speed fair enough but filtering is not illegal.. don't confuse the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,058 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

In the reporting of the three accidents there is no mention of involvement of other traffic, so your point is both irrelevant and insensitive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭Synthol

Pretty sure that you are raging in your car while motorbikes pass you, while you are sitting in traffic like a sheeplet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I am not a motorcyclist either, but in the last year I can think of only one dope on a bike that stands out. Drivers now, which I am one, well there's plenty of them.

I personally think that motorcyclists are amoungst the safest, most aware on the roads, and have up most respect for the vast majority of them.

Hopefully last nights events are a horrible co incidence, and thoughts with them and their friends/families.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Get back into your slow as ****e econobox and stay there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Why dont you act like you username mate, and do us all a favour!

Utterly ridiculous post!.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

Why dont you act like you username mate, and do us all a favour!

Utterly ridiculous post!.

I,d say he had a huge horn on him typing that post...couldnt type it quick enough....probably juiced all over his mouse....

More cases of 'it must have been someone else's fault' so!

Going by the news reports there was no other involvement in the incidents

other then those who are now deceased! Tragic!!!

I have driven many a road to be undertaken by bikes using the cycle lane

and overtaken using the oncoming lane whilst there was oncoming traffic in it!

Roll the dice and take your chances!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

More cases of 'it must have been someone else's fault' so!

Going by the news reports there was no other involvement in the incidents

other then those who are now deceased! Tragic!!!

I have driven many a road to be undertaken by bikes using the cycle lane

and overtaken using the oncoming lane whilst there was oncoming traffic in it!

Roll the dice and take your chances!

I'm sure you're a saint too with your driving? You are probably delighted to be reading headlines when it involves a motorbike accident because you obviously have a dislike for us.

don't talk to the troll ffs

GBX wrote: »

You're not a biker but your comments suggest you know f*ck all about bikers either.
    You're generalising and tarring everyone with the same brush .. there are many highly skilled riders who undertake regular training to keep their standard of riding to as high as they can.

You're entitled to your opinion but suggesting that all on bikes have scant regard to their safety is a very blinkered assumption. Not all that have been killed would have obtained a license or ownership of the bike with the owners consent.

There are many factors to consider when accidents happen .. not always the riders fault. Yes there have been instances where a rider lost his life when they road above their ability but that wouldn't always be the case.

If somebody is weaving at high speed fair enough but filtering is not illegal.. don't confuse the two.

Ok, I accept to a point that I was generalising. A friend of mine has done

advanced training through the Gardaí and he has been accident free for many

years but there is always an idiot who thinks that they are above all that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭worded

RIP

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Do you happen to drive a silver Seat Leon?

• Advertisement

GBX wrote: »

Ok, I accept to a point that I was generalising. A friend of mine has done

advanced training through the Gardaí and he has been accident free for many

years but there is always an idiot who thinks that they are above all that!

So now you're calling the deceased "idiots"....

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Free-2-Flow

Us bikers are the most intelligent users on the road, we have to do everyone else's driving for them.
    You see a lot more on a bike than you do in a car, People that drive cars are oblivious to anything around them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

JayZeus wrote: »
    I muttered a crude four letter word aloud that starts with C and ends with T when I read your post.

The wife shot me a filthy dirty look and I showed her your post and she also said the same rotten word, without hesitation.

I wish you'd live up to your username if that's what you have to say. Why don't you go back to your potting shed and your hornby collectors guide instead of stirring it up in here.

Ya what a fcukin ***** , I very rarely see irresponsible bike riders and I drive for a living! Now if the numpties like oul john Joe above could drive properly I would have more hair!

Out of respect for the deceased imo this thread should be locked..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Allinall

Us bikers are the most intelligent users on the road, we have to do everyone else's driving for them.
    You see a lot more on a bike than you do in a car, People that drive cars are oblivious to anything around them

That's a worse generalization.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement