Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So... Today i microwaved my phone...

Options
  • 30-07-2017 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭

Well , to anyone who cares.

After spending 170 2 weeks ago replacing a one plus 3 screen the it was microwaved today!

was in for about 5 seconds and completely dead when it came out, was fully charged when it went in!

Peeled the tempered screen protector off it and the rubber case had melted in one corner.

The smell of smoldering phone was bad!

The toddler had it and i didn't know he had it put in the microwave until i tried to heat up his dinner and heard the sparks!

So phone was dead and i didnt have time to play with it.

Plugged in charger and got a very low battery message, but, it began to charge, got it to 25% and tried to turn it on and it turned on.

Botton buttons arent working to i enabled the on screen ones.

Its going a little crazy but i am getting my pics up to dropbox and then will do a full reset

i aint leaving it charging unattended either!

Some crack eh!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

brightkane wrote: »

After spending 170 2 weeks ago replacing a one plus 3 screen the it was microwaved today!

was in for about 5 seconds and completely dead when it came out, was fully charged when it went in!

Peeled the tempered screen protector off it and the rubber case had melted in one corner.

The toddler had it and i didn't know he had it put in the microwave until i tried to heat up his dinner and heard the sparks!

Plugged in charger and got a very low battery message, but, it began to charge, got it to 25% and tried to turn it on and it turned on.

Its going a little crazy but i am getting my pics up to dropbox and then will do a full reset

Some crack eh!

The most worrying aspect is that your toddler can reach the microwave ! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

hes very enterprising, he turns everything upside down to use as a step.

This is one of the reasons we leave it plugged out until we want to use it.

but should check it first of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Hope you don't keep any kittens.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭wickan

This is mad, can't see the phone lasting much longer tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Take the phone out half way through.
    Shake it. Return and cook on full power
    For a further three minutes.
    Then leave to stand for a minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,306 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

microwaved chips never taste nice

replaced it over the weekend got everything i needed off it.

tested the gps and it works, Bluetooth seems to be a bit dodge and no mobile signal along with the botton buttons not working.

Fingerprint sensor works.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

As a parent who has had to replace far too many electrical devices that kids (or parents) have broken, I feel your pain. :-)

You should price a "repair" with oneplus, don't they take it in and give you back a refurb?

i bought a 2nd hand one on adverts for 250 already, i will probably sell this one and be honest about its short comings in the Ad

i doubt oneplus would repair this microwaved one!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

They usually just swap it out for a refurb, worth pricing. Good price on the second hand one. Was that a 3, or a 3T?

• Advertisement

Was a 3. I might submit a ticket and see what they say. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

brightkane wrote: »

Some crack eh!

Sorry don't mean to add to your pain but just curious as to how you didnt see it whem you put his dinner in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Sorry don't mean to add to your pain but just curious as to how you didnt see it whem you put his dinner in ?

got kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Have you tried putting it in a bag of rice?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Neames wrote: »
    Have you tried putting it in a bag of rice?

...and the cycle begins again
    279026011_0_640x640.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

So it's just iPhones that microwaves recharge ?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

whats one plus? I looked it up and can only find them selling one type of phone?
    For a minute reading it here, I thought it was a place reselling used/refurbed phones

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Never heard of anyone accidentally microwaving their phone before :\

It's a wonder that battery didn't go KABOOM!

Advertisement