Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2003 Renault Clio 1100 high mileage?

Options
  • 29-07-2017 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭

hello , is 149,000 miles on a Renault 1100 Clio classed as high mileage do you reckon? - I suppose its a bit of a daft question because there could be other issues as how its been driven or serviced properly but i just thought I would get the low down from other people. went to go and see a used one today , it seemed not bad , maybe a little chuggy at idling and a little flat at accelerating but nothing major. 1,2,3 speed on the interior heater dont work but 4 does. the rear door on the drivers door doesnt lock or unlock with the central door locking when the other doors lock. faded headlights, but thats to be expected. seems alright for a good cheap to run runabout car. - wife was just concerned about the mileage, but i just said to her for the price and year you most probably are going to get ones that have done that mileage.

The engine compartment looks great to work on, plenty of room and the spark plugs on top and plenty of room under the bonnet - any major popular things that go on the clio's are there ? - thanks for your feedback everyone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

149k would be high but depends on how the car was driven and looked after.does it have a service history with it maybe take a look at that n see if its ever had anything major done too it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

It's probably bang average for a small petrol runabout that's 13 years old. Blown resistors are causing the heating to only work on its highest setting. Unless you're getting it for nothing, or there's a whack of tax and test on it, I'd wait for something else tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,145 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It's a 14 year old car so 149000 miles would be just above average for the year. The problem is that mileage is not an accurate measurement of use or wear n tear. Time takes it's toll as well how it was cared for by it's owners over those years. Some people are hard on cars but don't drive them very far while others drive them a lot and look after them better.

That car sounds like it's suffering from wear and tear due to it's age and possibly may also have had a hard life too. May not turn out to be the bargain the price suggests.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭honda boi

Depends how good its been treated.
    I would prefer a car with higher mileage that's been serviced on time and looked after,rather then a car with f**k all mileage and rough as s**t!

Advertisement