Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

New DUB immigration centre

• 29-07-2017 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 D Trent

It's plastered all over the news the last couple of days of the go ahead for dublin airport's new immigration detention centre, to be built by OPW/on behalf of them.

Does anyone know where I can see plans or comp generated images of what it will look like ?

Nothing on DA websites or OPW website.
    Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Sam Russell

Surely a few large offices, a private interrogation space, an area to hold people for a few hours (24 hours maximum) and a canteen is all they need - or are they thinking of a Thornton Hall project? It could all be done within either Term 1 or 2.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 8,181 CMod ✭✭✭✭ Sierra Oscar

Surely a few large offices, a private interrogation space, an area to hold people for a few hours (24 hours maximum) and a canteen is all they need - or are they thinking of a Thornton Hall project? It could all be done within either Term 1 or 2.

They're refurbishing an existing part of the airport apparently, it's not a new build project. I haven't seen any planning permission applications in relation to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 Avada

I'd imagine they will just be adding cells to the existing Garda Station at Transaer House

Advertisement