Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debs what do I need..

Options
  • 29-07-2017 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

I have been asked to a debs by a girl I don't know too well. Just wondering what should I bring to make an impression..flowers etc.

What's the norm for this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Chocolates for her Mammy, flowers if you really want to impress but I wouldn't bother unless you know the woman.

Corsage or rose for the lassie.

Find out who's buying the tie.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

Chocolates for her Mammy, flowers if you really want to impress but I wouldn't bother unless you know the woman.

Corsage or rose for the lassie.

Find out who's buying the tie.

Thanks..was just assuming the tie would be up to me..never taught of the mammy

I went to a few anyways, never had to buy the tie but it may differ by location in the country.

I'd ask her to get it and offer to pay back but I've no eye for style nor color, depends on yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭BadBannana

Meet up with her or text her a few times at least just so ye both know what's what. You can literally answer all these questions by talking to her

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭roisiny

She'll probably want to buy the tie so it's a right match as girls are generally more anal about stuff like that than guys. All my friends messaged their dates saying they'd get it and asking if they wanted ties or dickie bows, that's normally the girls job and all my friends paid for it. My date bought his own... wish he didn't 🙄

Box of chocolates for the Mum and one of those single rose things for the girl (don't see the point of them but anyhow...)

I saw some dodgy looking corsages at my debs this year so if you're going down that route, make sure it a) looks alive and b) that you don't squash it.

• Advertisement

Corsages are fair ridiculous looking in all cases IMO :D

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭hasdanta

I had mine on Thursday. I bought her a corsage and a box of chocolates (nothing for her Mam, but I think a gift for the mother is only due if your date is hosting you and your family before the debs). Offer to by her a drink too.

Advertisement