Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy paintings online?

Options
  • 29-07-2017 8:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭

A few years back we had a salesperson call to the door selling paintings. Priced around €100 - 150 depending on size. On 2 separate occasions I bought a painting from these door-to-door guys.

I'm not interested in buying for investment, I just want something nice to enjoy. Haven't seen these sales guys in a few years, and after a quick Google, it appears that they were just reselling paintings at huge margins that were imported from China. I don't really care and I'm still happy with the 2 I have.

Back to the point. I want to buy a painting for the bedroom. Are there any websites where you can buy stuff like this direct? Or even resellers here in Ireland? Looking for a largish painting for under €100 of possible.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

A few years back we had a salesperson call to the door selling paintings. Priced around €100 - 150 depending on size. On 2 separate occasions I bought a painting from these door-to-door guys.

I'm not interested in buying for investment, I just want something nice to enjoy. Haven't seen these sales guys in a few years, and after a quick Google, it appears that they were just reselling paintings at huge margins that were imported from China. I don't really care and I'm still happy with the 2 I have.

Back to the point. I want to buy a painting for the bedroom. Are there any websites where you can buy stuff like this direct? Or even resellers here in Ireland? Looking for a largish painting for under €100 of possible.

for something middling large for under €100 try ebay, I think these might have been painted in China.

Some of them are awful but there are a few that are not so bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Sometimes artists sell their paintings on the railings of St. Stephen's Green. I love to wander around the park viewing all the different works. Unfortunately I don't know when this actually happens. You could also just drop into local art galleries, or online I would look at Etsy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭davidclayton

I actually work on Stephen's green, but due to the luas works, those art sellers haven't been there for around a year. Also, last time I looked, a painting in the size I'd like was €300+.

Will give Etsy, eBay and that website a look. Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I actually work on Stephen's green, but due to the luas works, those art sellers haven't been there for around a year. Also, last time I looked, a painting in the size I'd like was €300+.

Will give Etsy, eBay and that website a look. Thanks :)

I should have done more research for you. This site says they were there in May, June and July this year and will be there again on 18th, 19, 20th, August and again in September and December of this year. Check out http://www.peoplesart.ie/ I've seen cheaper paintings than €300 but the artists may change from time to time.

Save

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Lashings of useful info here: https://irishartindex.wordpress.com/whats-on/
    but you're going to have to spend more than €100/150 to get anything worthwhile.

You might be better off getting a few posters - how about this crowd: https://www.thecanvasworks.ie/collections/vintagetravelposters

• Advertisement
Advertisement