Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YouTube earnings don't match up - possibly messy situation

Options
  • 28-07-2017 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

For years I was with a network with a YouTube account, but I signed up for this network with a non-Gmail account (not the one that matched my actual YouTube channel).

That was all well and good, but I eventually left the network, having started a channel that didn't fall under the same topic and also with a small audience...and perhaps an element of "well, if I'm making x cents per month, I should surely be able to do OK on my own."

My Adsense account is non-Gmail (also had a blog...), so I set this account up as a manager of the YouTube account. Because I had an AdSense account, I couldn't set one up via Gmail, but because I was going non-Gmail, there were issues. After a lot of messing around I got there in the end and was able to my AdSense account.

I know that the Estimated Earnings element of YouTube's analytics may not tell the full story, but it is registering that I should be earning something (not going to be retiring off it anytime soon, but every little helps). My AdSense account, however, hasn't budged.

What's the best course of action here? And what's YouTube like to deal with if I have to go down that route? I really hope I don't have to; I would nearly take no earnings over that :D

🤪

Advertisement