Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Zafira B 1.6 not starting, no dash lights

Options
  • 28-07-2017 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi All,

I removed the ECU connection to get to the carb. After cleaning it, I replaced and re-connected ECU. Wanted to start the car, but there is nothing. Dashboard stays dark, no radio, windows or anything. The boot is locked and cannot open either.
    Tried to disconnect and battery. When I re-connect it, a relay works for 1 or 2 seconds, and stops. Please help what gone wrong and how can I fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,392 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Check your fuses. Did you disconnect the battery when you unplugged the ECU?

Might as well point out that your car doesn't have a carb.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Laci

Hi Colm,

Thanks for the advice.
    Turned out, the night before my kids played in the car and left the glove box open. There is a light in it... Should have checked the battery first :-)
    By carb I meant the throttle body.

Advertisement