Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warhammer 40K: Inquisitor Martyr

Options
  • 28-07-2017 4:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭

Anyone taken the plunge and gotten the alpha? It looks like something I would love as an ex table top player. :P

[Also didn't see another thread]

EDIT: Well I am drunk and bought this and Space Hulk:Deathwing. And off work tomorrow.

Should be interesting!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Maybe when it comes out of Early Access, but it seems to be a Diablo-esque sort of game, yea?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Yeah pretty much, with some kind of living world [sector?] system and the ability to invade other peoples gaffs.

Just installed will fire it up in a bit :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Spacehulk is an excellent game ....now compared to what was released.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

SH:DW looked like a game that had a lot of passion put into it.

I just think maybe Terminators are a really bad idea to base a game around. In general there's a limiting factor to Space Marines in that they have a limited loadout, which they worked well around with the teleport back to ship to re-spec, but is still ultimately a problem. It still disrupted the flow of gameplay.
    The biggest problem is that they're big, slow, tanky units.
    It'd be great to have a go in them in a general Space Marine RPG but a whole game around them just doesn't work in my view.

I never did finish it.

Martyr makes sense as an idea. 40k lends itself to loot, wacky gameplay and so on.
    Of course it's not going to have the polish of Diablo but that's one of the few positives I have about D3 so that's not too worrying in itself.

For me the most important thing for these is roleplay, novelty and having something pulling you along through the game beyond the core gameplay loop or loot grinding.

That's something I felt D2 did very well but D3 didn't.

Even really good gameplay gets boring eventually and loot grinding is not an end in itself like some developers unfortunatley seem to think.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I wish they'd make an X-Com style turn based game out of Necromunda squads or Deathwatch.

• Advertisement

Gbear wrote: »
    Martyr makes sense as an idea. 40k lends itself to loot, wacky gameplay and so on.
    Of course it's not going to have the polish of Diablo but that's one of the few positives I have about D3 so that's not too worrying in itself.

Its from the guys that made the Van Helsing trilogy....

Hoping to get a bash off it later.

SH:DW I did the training while drunk the other night. Havent even started campaign as flat mate was asleep and wanted the sound loud :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Shougeki wrote: »
    SH:DW I did the training while drunk the other night. Havent even started campaign as flat mate was asleep and wanted the sound loud :P

Turn it up to 11. You wont regret it, although the neighbours may come to hate you for it :D

Lemming wrote: »
    Turn it up to 11. You wont regret it, although the neighbours may come to hate you for it :D

Moving gaff in 2 weeks to a detached house so may leave it till then! lol

Advertisement