Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish mobile customer calling an Irish mobile in another EU country, costs?

Options
  • 28-07-2017 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 81,510 ✭✭✭✭
    M

Previous to new EU roaming rules changing if I called from Ireland an Irish mobile located anywhere in the EU I was charged local call or it was included as part of my bundle, do you know if this is still the case?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

If the person calls you from another EU country, it is free as they are roaming. As you are at home and are not roaming, you will still be charged :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭leche solara

If the person calls you from another EU country, it is free as they are roaming. As you are at home and are not roaming, you will still be charged :)

but if your bundle includes free calls to Irish mobiles you won't be charged - its just part of your bundle.

but if your bundle includes free calls to Irish mobiles you won't be charged - its just part of your bundle.

Is it not if your bundle only included free international.minutes? Because the other person is roaming on a different network, so isn't on an Irish network. I remeber reading that on The Journal or something somewhere. EU made it really awkward on launch day about the clarification

Is it not if your bundle only included free international.minutes? Because the other person is roaming on a different network, so isn't on an Irish network. I remeber reading that on The Journal or something somewhere. EU made it really awkward on launch day about the clarification

The caller cant know where the person they are calling is located. If its an Irish number and they have free minutes to Irish numbers it is part of the bundle. Irish number to Irish number doesn't involve international minutes. Prior to the regulation change in June the call recipient would be charged for receiving the call. With the change the recipient will not be charged if in the EU. Outside EU they would be charged.

The caller cant know where the person they are calling is located. If its an Irish number and they have free minutes to Irish numbers it is part of the bundle. Irish number to Irish number doesn't involve international minutes. Prior to the regulation change in June the call recipient would be charged for receiving the call. With the change the recipient will not be charged if in the EU. Outside EU they would be charged.

Ah thanks for clarifying that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭royalflush2003

Ah thanks for clarifying that :)

So if a Irish person ringing from Spain with unlimited Irish plan is free to ring Ireland but Irish person ringing from Ireland to Spain with unlimited plan will be charged?

So if a Irish person ringing from Spain with unlimited Irish plan is free to ring Ireland but Irish person ringing from Ireland to Spain with unlimited plan will be charged?

Depends on whether the number in Spain is an Irish number (would be part of bundle) or a Spanish number (would be an international call)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭royalflush2003

Depends on whether the number in Spain is an Irish number (would be part of bundle) or a Spanish number (would be an international call)

Ringing from Spain on unlimited plan from Irish mobile -

Advertisement