Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Vetting Disclosure

Options
  • 27-07-2017 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for some simple advice...

Was recently vetted for a job in with An Garda and it showed up some public order offences from between 10-14 years ago.

It says on their website "
    Does the applicant receive a copy of the disclosure?
    The relevant organisation in accordance with the National Vetting Bureau Act shall, as soon as practicable, make available a copy of the vetting disclosure to the applicant"

But when i asked for this off the liaison officer i was told i had to print off a Data Protection Access Request F20 Form, send it off and pay to see whats on my record.

My question is should they, An Garda- THE ORGANISATION, not send the disclosure to me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

The relevant organisation in accordance with the National Vetting Bureau

The relevant organisation is your potential employer not the bureau and it's only released if it contains any criminal information.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭vinegarhill98

GM228 wrote: »
    The relevant organisation in accordance with the National Vetting Bureau

The relevant organisation is your potential employer not the bureau and it's only released if it contains any criminal information.

My potential employer was An Garda Siochana... im aware its not the Vetting bureau

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

My potential employer was An Garda Siochana... im aware its not the Vetting bureau

AGS is not a relevant organisation for the purposes of vetting and so the requirement to supply you a copy does not apply.

Advertisement