Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Econ at-seat power ( LH )

Options
  • 27-07-2017 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,869 ✭✭✭

Searching EI's webpage shows nothing useful. Threads here are all quite old

What is currently available ?

individual ( 1 per 2 ), and what plug ( standard UK/IE or adapter needed) , any USB available ?

Thanks

T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

One socket between each pair of seats

Universal socket, will accept, UK/US/EU and a selection of others

No USB in economy

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Standard UK plug will work..its universal
    Business class is a plug and USB
    Economy has power between every 2 seat...usb in economy only on 4 aircraft that have the Panasonic ECO monitors...the rollout of these monitors across the fleet will be soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

One socket between each pair of seats

Universal socket, will accept, UK/US/EU and a selection of others

No USB in economy

There is USB on the new A330's def on the DUB EWR route but its only 1.2 amp. So it depends on luck and what route your going.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,869 ✭✭✭trellheim

thanks for the replies. prob worth a double adapter so for the chargers

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,540 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Just a warning, I've never been able to actually get the plugs too work on AL Econ!

They are terrible at holding any sort of heavy plug or adaptor. The Macbook plug with the heavy end (not extended) never works. I'd maybe bring a small two plug travel extension lead with a light UK plug.

Since my last bad experience with AL, I've picked up this puppy:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/JZBRAIN-Extension-Charger-Protector-Adaptor-x/dp/B071CZ5CS7/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1501174271&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=travel+extension+lead&psc=1

Haven't been on AL again yet and might be overkill for your needs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,869 ✭✭✭trellheim

This trip will likely be DUB->SFO and return. thats probably an older -200 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

trellheim wrote: »
    This trip will likely be DUB->SFO and return. thats probably an older -200 ?

Likely the older -200, but the latest -300's also fly and they have the USB sockets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

The -300s operate to SFO quite regularly now, over the past 8 days the A333 (EI-GAJ) has operated 4 times.

Advertisement