Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SocialBlade

Options
  • 27-07-2017 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

Have any of ye looked at this website? Really interesting! Showing bloggers getting a couple of hundred followers a days. Loosing a lot then gaining a day or two later! Also interestingly enough saw one blogger delete almost a thousand photos in one day which I don't get? Is that not a lot?
    I wonder do companies look this to see organic v paid for followers or would it even bother them? I think it's so false And shows how false social media is!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

You can see how many followers MUF buys. She has a minimum of 500 a week bought ones. In comparison, I checked Rosie, Sue and Grace and NONE of them show the large jumps like hers does, which is a sure sign that she is buying. They also have little or no unfollows.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

Ray37 wrote: »
    You can see how many followers MUF buys. She has a minimum of 500 a week bought ones. In comparison, I checked Rosie, Sue and Grace and NONE of them show the large jumps like hers does, which is a sure sign that she is buying. They also have little or no unfollows.

She was up 2,072 followers on 22nd July. That was the same day she was written about on a US site so maybe she got a load of followers from that? The next day though she's down 999 followers(!) so they didn't stick around.

Edit: I read the figures backwards - she was down 999 followers, then up by 2,072 the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

I'd be more inclined to reckon they were bought Wolfmoon87. I check on the stats now and again and there is a definite pattern with her being up one large amount and then down a good few days in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

You can compare people to! You would think with such a huge amount of followers they wouldn't need to be buying them! Wish Facebook was on it to!
    She lost the 1k and went up by 2k the next day! Maybe a coincidence tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

idunno78 wrote: »
    She lost the 1k and went up by 2k the next day! Maybe a coincidence tho!

Woops I read it backwards! That does look suspicious. And how do you lose a thousand followers in a day?!

• Advertisement

Doubtful that many people unfollowers all at once? Instagram do delete 'ghost' pages so possibly that?

Just saw on Laura Views snaps that Instagram are blocking all apps or the top ones at least so people can't buy followers! They are also deleting fake followers! Should be interesting if it does happen!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Mediakix did a very interesting experiment, where they set up two fake Instagram accounts, purchased followers and fake engagement, and secured four paid brand deals. One of the accounts consisted of only stock photos!

http://mediakix.com/2017/08/fake-instagram-influencers-followers-bots-study/#gs.rHG0nmw

Advertisement