Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need proof of purchase but theres no record of it

Options
  • 27-07-2017 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hey.
    I bought a pair of headphones in Dixons in Dublin Airport in April.
    I know the exact date because I got it before a flight.
    I need to send them off for repairs but Sony require you to provide proof of purchase. Moved into a new apartment and I think the box has gotten lost in the move with my receipt. I rang Dixons and provided the exact date and everything and they say they can't see any of the headphones purchased on that date.
    On my online banking I can't see any money removed from my credit card or debit card, and I always pay with card, my girlfriend even said I paid with card.

So right now its like I didn't pay for them or something. I don't know what to do, I need to repair the headphones as they are going to break due to a widely known issue with the headphones, but I cant do anything without proof of purchase.

Anybody have any clue what I can do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

To be honest given the short length of time I would return them to Dixons. Contact them and ask if you can post them in or do they have a branch outside the airport. I am not sure will the credit card statement be enough as proof of purchase but it should help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Well if you paid with card it'll be on your card statement so have a look on that and find it.

Without proof of purchase there isn't much you can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

You probably won't get any warranty work done on headphones

Depending on the issue

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭beechwood55

Well if you paid with card it'll be on your card statement so have a look on that and find it.

Without proof of purchase there isn't much you can do.

He says he cannot find any record of the transaction on his credit card account.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,183 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Would they have taken your boarding card when you were purchasing? If so can they search for it using your flight number on the day as a reference?

• Advertisement

He says he cannot find any record of the transaction on his credit card account.

Yes I saw that but he also said that he definitely paid by card if you read it?
    The two contradict each other!!
    So if he definitely paid by card it'll be on the statement, or he didn't and it isn't.

Whatever happened without proof of purchase they have no obligation to do anything I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭AndyOHart

Yeah I can't send back to Dixons without the receipt I would assume so that's a no go, I can't find the transaction on my card, I even rang the bank and they can't find it.
    It's like I never paid for them, but I remember being really broke when I bought them :D
    Yeah maybe the boarding card thing would work I guess I could call them then.

The headphones have developed a fault that is well known online due to the materials Sony built them with (Basically they crack above the ear cup and eventually fall apart), so it is a serious issue that I have contacted Sony about and they said I need to send them to their centre in Wales for repair or replacement, but I need the proof of purchase.

AndyOHart wrote: »
    Yeah I can't send back to Dixons without the receipt I would assume so that's a no go, I can't find the transaction on my card, I even rang the bank and they can't find it.
    It's like I never paid for them, but I remember being really broke when I bought them :D
    Yeah maybe the boarding card thing would work I guess I could call them then.

The headphones have developed a fault that is well known online due to the materials Sony built them with (Basically they crack above the ear cup and eventually fall apart), so it is a serious issue that I have contacted Sony about and they said I need to send them to their centre in Wales for repair or replacement, but I need the proof of purchase.

Any chance your girlfriend used her card for some reason?

Yes I saw that but he also said that he definitely paid by card if you read it?
    The two contradict each other!!
    So if he definitely paid by card it'll be on the statement, or he didn't and it isn't.

Whatever happened without proof of purchase they have no obligation to do anything I'm afraid.

Yeah that's the weird part I did pay with card and my girlfriend remembers I did it too, but theres just no history of it, like it never happened!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

AndyOHart wrote: »

Just move on and buy something new. Without any paper trail (are you sure you actually paid for them?!) there is nothing you can really do.

• Advertisement

Nevermind, I was a ****ing retard and realised I bought it on a trip 2 months prior, I thought it was April but turned out to be Febuary, what an idiot.
    Thanks anyway haha

Advertisement