Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guy please help

Options
  • 26-07-2017 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭

Guy I need a rig for using sketch up and rendering ultra realistic with chaos vray. What do you recommend guy appreciates. I want 4k screen. Is laptop or pc best? Models are big and ultra detailed guy. Need a top spec machine that can handle 3ds max ya?

Price?

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,192 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm not your Guy, buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭bennyineire

OK I guess you are gonna have to give a bit more detail and I would ask if you have gone through the sticky post in this forum yet
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054994238

Go through this first then you should know what questions to ask

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Guy I need a rig for using sketch up and rendering ultra realistic with chaos vray. What do you recommend guy appreciates. I want 4k screen. Is laptop or pc best? Models are big and ultra detailed guy. Need a top spec machine that can handle 3ds max ya?

Price?

Whats your current system? I dont render anything so i cant really advise on parts to optimise for your uses, but it might be worth checking out the benchmark list for Chaos Vray, and run it on your current system It will give you an idea of what kind of improvement you might see

http://benchmark.chaosgroup.com/cpu

I would suggest going down the list a bit unless you want to drop several thousand euro on just the pc itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Seems like Chaos Vray likes CPU cores & cares little for GPU power.

Ryzen 5 1600 / Ryzen 7 1700 on ATX B350 motherboard, GTX 1050/RX 560, 500-600W 80+Gold power supply = €850-1000
    Decent 4k screens are €350-500.

Advertisement