Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who stocks Arai Helmets in Dublin?

Options
  • 26-07-2017 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭

Anyone know who stocks Arai Helmets in Dublin?

I know Megabikes used to stock them

But I just looked on their website and there's no mention of them at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

I know its not answering your question, but Crossans up north are worth the trip, you'll save a fortune (no tax on lids in the UK) great range and they'll make sure you have the right fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

That's actually where I bought the current Lid.

Might head up in a week or two

Checked Mega Bikes website, looks like the have the RX7 helmet in stock but that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Save money and head over to the NEC in November, thats what I would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

wonda does it depend on getting the right timing and haggling on the last day sort of thing or are the prices just very good

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

wonda does it depend on getting the right timing and haggling on the last day sort of thing or are the prices just very good

I am gonna be honest here if (like me) you have a neck like a jockeys bollocks and can haggle you will get good prices anytime. But you will deffo get keener prices on the last day, the trade off is low stock so they might not have what you want or they have made a killing already so might not give discounts.

I got a Shark Evoline 3 lid that were new out for €240 they were selling them online for easily €150 more.

I also got my Guy Martin lid for €120 with a irridium look visor thrown in.

I personally never bought on the last day and have done really well both times I bought lids and a back protector. I also got a set of oxford sports heated grips for €45!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    neck like a jockeys bollocks

Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,508 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Crossans up north are worth the trip, you'll save a fortune (no tax on lids in the UK)

You'd think that, but when I was buying a Shoei a few months ago I got it a lot cheaper from motorcycleshop.ie than Crossans.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

You'd think that, but when I was buying a Shoei a few months ago I got it a lot cheaper from motorcycleshop.ie than Crossans.

Sure, but what if its not a snug fit? They measure you in crossans and can adjust the thickness of the inserts.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,508 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Sure, but what if its not a snug fit? They measure you in crossans and can adjust the thickness of the inserts.

I've been wearing Shoeis for years and know my size.

Still doesn't explain why Crossans are such poor value at 0%VAT compared to a place paying 23%.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Advertisement