Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Chemistry Textbooks

Options
  • 26-07-2017 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Does anyone know if there are any Pdf versions of chemistry textbooks I can access online? I'm looking to get a headstart before 5th year as I enjoyed Jc chemistry, and also because I don't really know what the course contains. Any online resources are helpful :-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 rk2301

Well there is an ebook version of Chemistry Live on the Folens website but you have to pay for it. Unless you are using this textbook next year it's probably cheaper to just buy a revision guide and flick through it.

There's also some free chemistry resources on studyclix.ie if you want to have a look.

But tbh I wouldn't recommend doing any intensive study or anything as chemistry is quite difficult to understand, especially without a teacher. You don't want to end up stressing yourself out before you even start 5th Year!

Edit: Also if you want to know what the course contains maybe look up the LC chemistry syllabus on curriculumonline.ie as it has a full list of all the topics.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭hasdanta

There's no point in getting a head start. LC Chemistry is almost entirely different to JC Chemistry (even the simple stuff like electrons and their "shells"). You'll find it very difficult to take in the knowledge properly without the assistance of a teacher, and you could just end up confusing yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Ponguin

hasdanta wrote: »
    LC Chemistry is almost entirely different to JC Chemistry (even the simple stuff like electrons and their "shells").

Everything you know about shells so far is a lie. Eight electrons maximum my a*se

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Ponguin wrote: »
    Everything you know about shells so far is a lie. Eight electrons maximum my a*se

Seconding this. The first day of fifth year our chemistry teacher told us that everything in JC Chemistry is so simplified to the point that it's useless at LC level.

Advertisement