Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property in Dublin 12 - Crumlin *Advice Needed!*

Options
  • 26-07-2017 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there,

New to Boards.ie but would really appreciate any advice.

I'm looking at a property on Windmill Crescent in Crumlin. It's just behind the boxing club off Windmill road. I'm not familiar with the area but after googling it saw a lot of articles about trouble with gangs (albeit a lot were from years ago).

If anyone here knows the area could they advice is a place for a young family.
    I know most of Crumlin is completely safe having grown up not too far away but I dont know this part of it at all.

Thanks in advance all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 cawleyp2

SpamBallet wrote: »
    Hi there,

New to Boards.ie but would really appreciate any advice.

I'm looking at a property on Windmill Crescent in Crumlin. It's just behind the boxing club off Windmill road. I'm not familiar with the area but after googling it saw a lot of articles about trouble with gangs (albeit a lot were from years ago).

If anyone here knows the area could they advice is a place for a young family.
    I know most of Crumlin is completely safe having grown up not too far away but I dont know this part of it at all.

Thanks in advance all!

I'm fairly familiar with the area, I've rented in both Windmill rd and Cashel rd for best part of 3 years now while we wait to buy our own house.

In fairness Windmill Crescent itself is a very quiet little spot. You will hear a lot of noise from the pitches in the park and plenty of dog barking late into the night. I get the sense Windmill Crescent is a lot quieter than the road. The area around the pool and entrance to the park can get very congested with cars when events are on in the pool and at the pitch in the park. People abandon their cars.

There is plenty of Garda activity in and around Windmill road and lots of checkpoints so that can be seen as either negative or keeping a visible presence which no doubt prevents crime.

If you are using public transport, bear in mind you'll need to head for Kildare rd, Armagh rd or up to the village to get a bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

If you're considering D12 and not familiar with the area (so I assume no ties) Kilbarrack is a very similar place with, arguably, more going for it in terms of being coastal. Prices are about 270K for a 80Sqm 3 bed terrace, I'm assuming that's comparable. The area would be similar in previously bad rep. pretty okay now apart from the usual annoyances living on an estate - dogs and the occasional 'element' that's still in the area.

I only mention it as (I haven't in a while :pac:) as we discounted D5 entirely, but then realised how handy it was with the DART.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SpamBallet

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it.

I can live with barking dogs as long as the area is safe day and night.

I'll certainly look at Kilbarrack too!

Advertisement