Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Ryzen

Options
  • 26-07-2017 1:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Decided to start a thread on what people think of AMD's ryzen chip and if people think it will send Intel reeling. Personally I think AMD are gonna dominate the cpu market if Intel doesn't make some big change and because Intel are on the top of the pile, the only way they can go is down.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I've been involved in PCs since the times of IBM processors, people by brands and AMD will need about a decade of consistent performance rather than their usual 'flash in the pan' approach. AMD are a great competitor to Intel but they'll never be the market leader IMHO. Which is a shame because they treat the customer much better than Intel and their constant socket changes!

I'm an out and out gamer so I'm afraid as much as I like AMD I'm still on team blue at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

There is already a thread with lots of discussion going on. It dropped onto the second page as we are still in wait mode for Threadripper and Ryzen 3 to properly release.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057636491

To answer the question. I think it has added some much needed competition to Intel in the desktop space. More importantly, it looks like the server space will also get a good shakeup. Finally Intel have to start innovating again (even if innovation means just adding more cores/threads).
    Will it knock Intel off their podium. Ha. Hahahaha. HAHAHAHAHAAHA. Not even a slight chance.

Advertisement