Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dutch hoe, where to buy one?

Options
  • 25-07-2017 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a brick and mortar place in Dublin (within M50) for a Dutch Hoe?

tia

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

I don't think there is any clear definition of a dutch hoe, except that you push it instead of pulling it. Woodies have a selection of hoes. I would recommend the stirrup hoe there. It has a swivel on it, so it can be pushed and pulled, both.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

A double action oscillating hoe is far superior to a standard dutch hoe imo. Never looked back.

osc175-500x500.jpg

http://www.theorganiccentre.ie/shop/the-no-1-tool-the-double-action-oscillating-hoe-large-width-175mm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,430 ✭✭✭Markcheese

And what ever hoe you get, get a decent long handle.

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

De Walletjes has a large selection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Oldtree wrote: »
    A double action oscillating hoe is far superior to a standard dutch hoe imo. Never looked back.
    Agreed. That's the one I call a stirrup hoe. Your name is perhaps more technically accurate, but its not very catchy :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

recedite wrote: »
    Agreed. That's the one I call a stirrup hoe. Your name is perhaps more technically accurate, but its not very catchy :D

Giddy up and ride my pony :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Got mine from Woodies in Swords, but you can try any Woodies I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Forget the hoe & get a Wolf push pull weeder. Ideally one with a detachable handle that you can use for other Wolf tools. The quality is superb & the weeder is perfect. It's available in two widths.

http://theorchard.ie/Wolf-Garten-Push-Pull-Weeder-EPBRFM15/

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

Red light district in amsterdam?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭tampopo

And a badoom-tish for HocusPocus!

I did post my thanks last week or so, but somehow it didn't appear.

Got sorted in Woodies Naas Rd. Thanks for the replies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement