Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't get support from HP

Options
  • 25-07-2017 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭

Bought a printer earlier in the year with instant ink. Recently I looked at my account and saw I was on 3 months free subscription, instead of the 7 I should be on.

You think that is simple to rectify, think again

When trying to log a ticket for support, they validate your warranty (even if the warranty is completely irrelevant to this issue)
    My warranty was invalid as their system says I got it in 2016. The only thing you can do then is to dispute warranty where you fill out form and scan your receipt.
    They then send you an email that they have updated their systems. Well, obviously they are lying as I still can't get support as my warranty is expired with the same 2016 date.
    This can happen once , you think, so I disputed it again and same happened, they say they updated systems , and they haven't and I still can't get support.

I tried to call them, after 5 minutes call gets answered and I am told I will get a call back. That was Thursday, I am still waiting obviously.
    Just disputed for the 3rd time, but no hope whatsoever they are competent enough to update their system.

What can I do to get support for my original issue ? I am well and truly p'd off. I thought the whole instant ink idea was pretty cool and handy, but it turns out to be a real nightmare.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

Have you tried Heinz?

I much prefer the taste

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Please - stick to offering some constructive advice on the topic

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

If they have a twitter or facebook page contact them on that. Some firms seem to handle things better when other can see the problem and their actions or inactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

Miaireland wrote: »
    If they have a twitter or facebook page contact them on that. Some firms seem to handle things better when other can see the problem and their actions or inactions.

Yes, I agree but I don't have nor want a twitter or facebook account.
    I did however just manage to post on their support forum, let's see if it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Conservative

I deal with HP all the time and usually find their CS excellent.

If they have created a support case for you, you can usually go to your email and it will have a link to your case status. You can then chat online with a support agent. They are normally pretty helpful.

What is the model of the printer? I know some require you to register within 60 days in order to avail of additional offers/warranty. Many of the printers have 3 months instant ink as standard but I know some retailers have additional offers so I am not saying that is the case here.

It's unusual that the warranty had expired also as when bought from any of the main retailers the printer will usually have about 15-16 month warranty as they estimate and add a few months to when it's likely to be sold.

A throwaway Twitter account would probably be quickest of all but I know that's been mentioned already.

01-5339808 is the number I use for printer support but they really discourage telephone interaction where possible.

• Advertisement

I deal with HP all the time and usually find their CS excellent.

If they have created a support case for you, you can usually go to your email and it will have a link to your case status. You can then chat online with a support agent. They are normally pretty helpful.

I remember chatting with a guy when I set it up and he was very helpful indeed, but I found no way this time to instigate a chat (perhaps because of the warranty issue). I didn't get a link to click on as part of my email with case number just a link to the general support page.
    What is the model of the printer? I know some require you to register within 60 days in order to avail of additional offers/warranty. Many of the printers have 3 months instant ink as standard but I know some retailers have additional offers so I am not saying that is the case here.

It's unusual that the warranty had expired also as when bought from any of the main retailers the printer will usually have about 15-16 month warranty as they estimate and add a few months to when it's likely to be sold.

A throwaway Twitter account would probably be quickest of all but I know that's been mentioned already.

Someone from HP now picked the issue up from the support forum and hopefully will sort this out for me finally.

01-5339808 is the number I use for printer support but they really discourage telephone interaction where possible.
    That is an understatement I think... having to wait 5 mins in the queue for a receptionist response of "my colleagues are busy now but I don't want you to wait in the queue longer, so let me take your details and someone will call you back" really is the oldest trick in the book of poor call centre management, and I knew there and then nobody was ever going to call me back.

Anyway- thanks for a interested response and I will post back here if all got sorted.

OK, case closed. For anyone in a similar situation, use the HP support forums. I got excellent help there. Just a pity their traditional support channels are so poor.

Advertisement