Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty golf shoes

Options
  • 24-07-2017 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hey
    I bought a pair of golf shoes that states that they are water resistance and when I wore them in damp conditions no rain ,just dew on the course they let water in the 1st time I wore them.
    I wonder what my rights are the retailer offered to repair them but would rather a credit note as friends of mine bought the same shoe and had the same issue .
    I don't want a repair or replacement I would rather a credit note or voucher .Shoes are 4 months old.
    Any advice would be great . Shoe in link below
    http://www.onlinegolf.eu/golf-clothing-shoes/shoes/adidas-golf-adicross-v-shoes-295477.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi OP

water resistant and waterproof are 2 different things.

Water-resistant: able to resist the penetration of water to some degree but not entirely.
    Water-repellent: not easily penetrated by water, especially as a result of being treated for such a purpose with a surface coating.
    Waterproof: impervious to water.

you have not (in your short post) established the shoes are faulty, rather, that your expectations may have been incorrect.

IMO retailer is trying to work with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The retailer is trying to resolve the issue. You cannot just change your mind. Why did you not research the shoes with your friends before purchasing?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Al 25

The retailer is trying to resolve the issue. You cannot just change your mind. Why did you not research the shoes with your friends before purchasing?

Hi
    I wore these shoes on days it didn't rain there was only a slight bit of moisture on the ground no rain that day and my toes were feet and socks after the round of golf .
    I didn't change my MIND I have full waterproof shoes but I thought the shoes with water resistantance would hold up in these conditions .

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lob020

I have purchased at least 5 pairs of waterproof golf shoes with 2/3 years warranty and none of them remained waterproof for longer than 2/3 wearings.I have been refunded total cost of shoes each time.Anyway if anyone out there can recommend a pair of really waterproof golf shoes .it would be appreciated.Most golf retailers haven't a clue about golf shoes and will generally refund or give credit note.Retailer wants to work with you to resolve the problem-what a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Never had a problem returning golf shoes, the stores normally just offer a credit note and I pick a different pair of shoes.
    I've never had them offer to repair the shoes, I've never been offered a full refund and I've never been told I have to take a replacement set of the same shoes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Senna wrote: »
    Never had a problem returning golf shoes, the stores normally just offer a credit note and I pick a different pair of shoes.
    I've never had them offer to repair the shoes, I've never been offered a full refund and I've never been told I have to take a replacement set of the same shoes.

When buying shoes I insist on Goretex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Al 25 wrote: »
    Hey
    I bought a pair of golf shoes that states that they are water resistance and when I wore them in damp conditions no rain ,just dew on the course they let water in the 1st time I wore them.
    I wonder what my rights are the retailer offered to repair them but would rather a credit note as friends of mine bought the same shoe and had the same issue .
    I don't want a repair or replacement I would rather a credit note or voucher .Shoes are 4 months old.
    Any advice would be great . Shoe in link below
    http://www.onlinegolf.eu/golf-clothing-shoes/shoes/adidas-golf-adicross-v-shoes-295477.html

OK well your rights are that the retailer gets to decide which of the three rs to offer you, you can refuse their offer and take a case to the small claims court but it's unlikely a judge will side with you as the retailer is acting reasonably.

You don't have a right to demand a particular course of action.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

lovejoys

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

redarmy wrote: »
    lovejoys

Or even footjoy :)

Advertisement