Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airtricity Real Value, EI Climote, & Other Heating Deals?

Options
  • 24-07-2017 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

So I'm looking to replace my ****ty old storage heaters and noticed there are some new(ish) deals coming from SSE Airtricity (Real Value) and Electric Irleand (Climote).

Both deals are subsidised, and seem to be some offshoot from the EU about improving energy efficiency.

However, Airtricity's Real Value requires a Storage Heater Rate (I'm on Day/Night), and EI's Climote seems to be not for Electric?!?

Does anyone know of any deals for suckers like me on all-electric heating and Day/Night rates?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭bleary

Day night rate is what is used for storage heaters there's no separate rate to my knowledge , however the airtricity project has finished recruiting participants, it's an EU funded project under horizon 20/20. I'm not aware of anything else at the moment.

Climate seems to be something like hive or other automated solutions, not suitable for storage heaters as they charge overnight. The climote is useful for on demand systems , this is a completely different proposition to the airtricity realvalue which was from what I could see a subsidised installation and pilot.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 twiga

bleary wrote: »
    Climate seems to be something like hive or other automated solutions, not suitable for storage heaters as they charge overnight.  The climote is useful  for on demand systems , this is a completely different proposition to the airtricity realvalue which was from what I could see a subsidised installation and pilot.
    Thanks for the replies!
    Yes, it seems those of us with Storage heaters and a day/night (with no oil or other heating) basically have no real deals or benefits. Shame, as I imagine there are many in the same boat.

Yes I checked with seai before on grants for upgrading heating systems, nothing available if your not gas or oil unfortunately. Usual insulation grant is available

• Registered Users Posts: 47 twiga

bleary wrote: »
    Yes I checked with seai before on grants for upgrading heating systems, nothing available if your not gas or oil unfortunately. Usual insulation grant is available

bummer. Ah well, such is life. Thanks very much for the useful help!

• Advertisement
Advertisement